I had seen some headlines about the Nintendo LABO but I just got around to checking it out now. It looks pretty cool as does the Nintendo Switch. I’m sure my daughter would have a lot of fun with this if she owned a Nintendo Switch but we have no immediate plans to buy one yet. This is the Nintendo LABO Robot Kit but there is a regular kit as well. The robot kit is $10 more expensive and is up for pre-order on Amazon at the moment for $79.99.
- Make, Play, and Discover with Nintendo Labo™!
- Simply have fun making DIY cardboard creations called Toy-Con, bring them to life with the technology of the Nintendo Switch™ system (required; sold separately) to play games, and discover the magic behind how Toy-Con works. Express your creativity by customizing Toy-Con projects with your own color, stickers, paint, and more. You can even invent your own Toy-Con!
- Use pre-cut cardboard kits to build your own robot suit, with easy-to-follow interactive instructions included in the Nintendo Labo software. After the making is complete, the kits come to life.
- Insert a Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controller into your Toy-Con to smashing buildings as a robot. Nintendo Labo lets you explore your curiosity to discover the mechanics of how each Toy-Con works and interacts with the Nintendo Switch technology. Find creative ways to customize your Toy-Con creations and invent new ways to play with Nintendo Labo!
- The Robot Kit lets you build the Toy-Con Robot suit to wear, control, and turn yourself into an interactive on-screen robot.
You might be interested in these: